- Wellness checks are an important part of your pets care at Leslie Veterinary Hospital. We believe in keeping pets healthy by looking after diet and preventative measures such as vaccinations and parasite control. An annual visit can potentially spot problems early so more serious issues can be avoided in the future.
Annual wellness exams include checking ears, eyes, nose, mouth, hair coat, listening to the heart and lungs, feeling the body for any abnormalities, tracking body condition, talking about any changes in eating/drinking, changes in urinating/defecating, or any other behavior changes. Your pet’s medical history is also reviewed and a treatment plan will be provided.
- Leslie Veterinary Hospital is equipped to handle a full range of surgical procedures including
Low cost routine spay and neuter services
- Canine Spay (females)
- Canine neutering (males)
- Cat spaying
- Cat neutering
- cat declawing
- TPLO – Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy – for ruptured cruciate ligaments in dogs over 40 pounds
- MRIT (modified reticulation imbrication technique) – indicated for ruptured cruciate ligaments in small dogs and cats.
- Patella Luxation ( dislocating kneecaps)
- Traumatic fracture repairs
- Femoral Head and Neck Osteotomy
- abdominal exploratory
- splenectomey – removal of spleen typically due to trauma or cancer
- Cholecystectomy – Gall bladder removal, bile duct abnormalities
- Intestinal resection and anastamosis – typically when your pet digestive system isn’t as big as its appetite, also for cancer of the digestive system.
- Cystotomy – bladder and urethral blockages
- TEACBO – Total ear canal ablation and bulla osteotomy
- Liver lobectomey
- Stomach tacking
- Chest trauma
- Tracheal collapse
- lung lobe biopsies
- lung lobectomy
- We understand the special needs of serious breeders- As a full service reproductive diagnostic center services include
- AKC certified semen freezing and storage facility
- Transcervical inseminations (TCI)
- Breeding consults – reviewing goals of breeder
- Ovulation timing – for natural, chilled, and frozen breedings
- Male reproductive exams
- Fertility troubles
- Cesarean sections
- Health screenings – proper positioning and images for OFA (orthopedic foundation for animals) submission – we help your pet get the grades they deserve.
If your pets itch – we can help!
We love helping with skin and ear conditions. We offer help with
- excessive scratching
- hair loss
- ear shaking and pain
- strong odor
- excessive shedding
- greasy or excessively dry coat
- Schedule a diagnostic exams to identify aliments with your pet and direct appropriate therapy. Expect a detailed history to be taken and thorough examination. A treatment plan will be presented to you before any additional testing or treatments are initiated. We pride ourselves on educating our owners about their options to help them decide what is best for their pet and family.